Between the Palms and the Sea
Sir J. J. School of Art, the School was founded in March 1857, named after Sir Jamsetjee Jeejebhoy. The School campus, including the Kipling House, better known as the Dean’s Bungalow, is classified as Grade II heritage structure by the Government of Maharashtra, and underwent a restoration in 2002-2006, and again in 2008). The Dean’s Bungalow was rebuild in 1882 (as to what we see today).
The proposal for its adaptive reuse is that of an open air cafeteria for the JJ campus as well as an art store, an exhibit and studio space for artists.